Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Very Austen Weekend

I went on a huge Jane Austen kick this week- end, watching no fewer than three different versions of Persuasion and the Emma Thompson version of Sense & Sensibility with Thompson's comments and the second half of the Colin Firth Pride and Prejudice as well as Becoming Jane Austen.  

Actually, it started Thursday, while I was home sick for two days, so it wasn't quite as concen- trated as it sounded at first.  Still, it was a lot of Jane Austen =)

On top of all that, I had such cabin fever yesterday, that I took a drive up to the North Shore  (Manchester-by-the-Sea, Magnolia, Gloucester, Rockport) and found myself going right back in time.  

See if you don't agree with  the similarities between Gloucester, MA and Lyme, England (setting for Persuasion).

3 comments:

Sunny said...

I see you got spammed. Well, it is the same ocean, ya know, so, yeah, all those pics could be either setting. BTW, that first photo in the set is very fetching.

Heidi said...

An Austen weekend...good idea! I'll have to do that soon. It's been much too long since I've watched any Austen movies or read any Jane Austen books.

Did you know there's even a Jane Austen font you can download?

Ruth said...

I love Jane Austen weekends. We have them occasionally here as well. I don't have the beautiful scenery nearby, so we watch the movies and have high tea instead.