Friday, June 25, 2010

Body and Soul in Balance

My blogging friend Inland Empire Girl had these questions on her blog. She got them from "The Whole Truth" column in a recent Whole Living, Body + Soul in Balance magazine. I thought the questions were interesting. If you try them, let me know.


If I could say one thing to myself ten years ago...
I'd tell myself to "do it now" regarding renovations to my condo instead of doing them "when I can afford it" which turns out to be just before I sell it. I finally have it just about the way I've wanted it and will only have a month or two to enjoy it.

My favorite place in the world...in the US is "Second Wind," the family cabin in Rangeley, Maine. I've been going there for some 25 years and have always had a wonderful time, whether it's by myself, with family, friends, colleagues, or students. It's a beautiful, peace-filled place. Outside the US, it would have to be Aix-en-Provence, a lovely "walking town" in the south of France, home to impressionist Paul Cezanne. I had an awesome 10 days there in 2004, taking a writing class in the morning and wandering all over by foot in the afternoons. I need to go back.

The movie I watch when I want to laugh...is The Princess Bride, even though I know almost the whole thing by heart. It's funny, witty, and sweet all rolled into one.

No one knows I...(I can't think of anything no one knows that I actually want to share now...)

I feel healthy when I...sleep 7 hours at night, exercise every morning, and drink 8 glasses of water a day

If I could do anything else for living I'd...be a full-time writer

Exercise routine...I go to "Healthy Fit" every morning and walk two miles. I started at 44 minutes (a 22 minute mile).
I'm working at decreasing the time it takes me to do the two miles.

Proudest moment in my career...there have been many as a teacher, all involving students doing what they thought they couldn't. As a principal, it was getting, and keeping, the school into the black after decades of it being in the red.

My dad always told me...to keep Jesus first.

My mom was right about...putting my life in God's hands.

The lesson I keep learning over and over...is that I don't need to do everything myself.

I wish I had more time for...reading and writing....and more money for travel

My great unfilled dream is...to be a published author of a book (as opposed to magazine/newspaper article).

Real contentment is...sitting outside reading--on the deck at Second Wind, on the patio at my parents', by the pool at my sisters', by the fire anywhere...or listening to music at these same places...or camping with my family...

One of my favorite quotations is...from Jeremiah 29:11 (The Message): "I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for."

I always feel saner when I...am in my classroom teaching...or talking with my parents or sisters--either on the phone or, better yet, in person.

2 comments:

Christy Woolum said...

What an awesome set of answers. Thank you for reminding me of the verse from Jeremiah.

Sunny said...

Oooh, Rondi ! I love this post. Every bit of it.