Sunday, February 12, 2012

Another beautiful sunset · 365 Project

Another beautiful sunset by Rondi Aastrup · 365 Project

I keep thinking I've seen the most beautiful sunset ever. And then another one comes along. It's not always easy to take a picture that does the real thing justice, but this one comes pretty close. I don't know why I'm so obsessed with sunsets. I must have hundreds of pictures of them by now from Arizona and Maine, primarily--oh, and Massachusetts. My drive to work usually takes place during the sunrise and my drive back home takes place during the sunset often..so...I see a lot of beauty. But you have to be in the right time and place to get a good shot. Tonight, I actually stopped to get this one...

And speaking of sunsets, this time figuratively, another of my life's inspirational suns set last night--the husband of my friend Virginia, who passed away in August.  Harvey was a kind a gentle man.  I never heard him say a cross word or make a complaint.  He was the consumate supportive husband, a true Christian gentleman.  He went as peacefully as he lived, with loved ones at his bedside.  He will sleep in Jesus...  "One short sleep pasts, we wake eternally, And death shall be no more; death, thou shalt die."  I look forward to that day when we all wake eternally...

No comments: