Saturday, June 08, 2013

End of the Road Trip

We only had about 3 more hours to drive to get to where Linda and I parted ways.  My friend Lou Anne picked me up in White Oaks, MD and I went to spend the rest of the day and night with her.  Linda went on to the Eastern Shore to meet her husband.  Before the sun set, she had finished and defended her Master's Degree in Nursing!  Congratulations to her!

Our drive from Staunton north was rainy.  There is a tropical storm lurking around, bringing about the deluge.  It wasn't too heavy to drive in but it is affecting the entire east coast so that even today (a day later) it is still rainy and cool--in Boston, where I have since traveled.  My time in Maryland was brief.  I discovered that my plane left at 6 a.m. rather than 5 p.m., cutting my visit short by nearly 12 hours.  Still, I was glad for the time I did have.

Now, I have already covered (via plane) more territory in 1 hour as it took us to drive our first day.   I'll not complain, though.  There is no substitute for a good road trip.  This one certainly was!

No comments: