Thursday, July 20, 2006

Two Night Stand

Well, this time I'm home for two nights before I'm off again! I worked 10 hours at school today without taking a break until I got home fairly exhausted. It's not always like this, but you sure do pay for taking a vacation!

I have repacking to do and some house cleaning, so I'll just post a few pictures from the weekend in the mountains on the lake and the next 4 days in Acadia. I will try to catch up next week.

At the top is one of my all-time favorite sunset views. If I have one picture of this, I have a thousand. No joke. OK. Maybe not a thousand, but at least a hundred! The lake is Mooselookmeguntic in Rangeley, Maine. The dock is that at my middle sister's family cabin and site of many happy memories over the past 22 years.

Next is my dad praying with Christopher and David after he baptized them. We had a beautiful consecration service up in the cabin, complete with instrumental music by the cousins (cello trio, vocal and cello duet, cello and flute duet) and singing, as well as a litany I wrote and a homily my dad shared. Then we adjourned to Jewel Cove, site of four previous baptisms a few years ago (the other cousins in this tight-knit group of six).

Hope for the Flowers comes next...butterfly and bee on cone flowers out in one of the several gardens around the cabin. Lauren barely planted these flowers. She said as soon as she walked away from planting them, there were butterflies all over them!

Next is the rugged beauty of the Bass Harbor Lighthouse. We camped just around the corner from here, and took a cruise out in the ocean to see what wildlife we could find on a rather foggy day. I'll post those pictures next week.

The last picture is what I keep coming home to: May and Teddy. They do fine while I'm gone, but I know they are lonely and miss me. Poor cats!

1 comment:

Patty said...

What a great photo Rondi, I think I would have hundreds of them too : )
Your dad looks fantastic.
What a special time for all of you.
Girl there is no dust growing on you. Do you ever get tired ????