Monday, April 16, 2007

Blogland Musings

I spent much of yesterday reading blogs. It was a fascinating experience, going from blog to blog and randomly picking out blogs to read from their blogrolls. Before I knew it, much of my day had gotten away from me, but I wouldn't call it a wasted day. I learned a lot, was inspired a lot, found a lot of places I want to go back to visit regularly.

Every night after I've eaten supper, I settle in for my evening ritual of catching up with old friends in blogland. Until recently, all but two have actually been old friends--people I really do know. But yesterday I found people I wanted to get to know better, who will, with time, become old friends as well.

My friend Morning Ramble nominated me for a Thinking Blogger Award last week. I was really touched at what she said. We go back to high school days but, until blogging came along, only stayed in touch at Christmas time. Now, we visit with each other several times a week. I feel as if I know her better than when I saw her every day all those years ago. Same with my classmate Sunny, also nominated. Part of the rules of the Thinking Blogger Award are that you have to nominate other Thinkers. These two would be on my list if they weren't already awarded. So I will have to do more research before I put my list of five out there.

One thing for sure, though, my readership spiked after Thursday =) This was a kind of private blog until then. But now, I see readers from all over the world have found their way to May's Day primarily via Morning Ramble. It's humbling to think that there are people out there who are reading my thoughts. Even more so to know that some have come back, several times now. I wish there was a way to know who they are so I can visit them via blogland if not face to face.

Pictures: African Violets in my bathroom window. Cactus that a student gave me about 8 years ago. It's a little beat up because my cats keep finding ways to dump it from wherever I put it (as recently as last night!). It blooms 2-3 times a year.

No comments: