Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Way Life Should Be

My road trip continued north after a brief respit with a friend in Laurel, Maryland (briefer than expected as I thought my plane left at 5 p.m. and instead it left at 6 a.m!).  After a quick plane trip that would have taken another 8 hours to drive, I landed in Boston and spent a few hours with my sister before she drove me north to our parents' home in Maine where I will remain for several weeks.

The slogan for this lovely far-northeastern state currently states that Maine is "Worth a Visit, Worth a Lifetime."  I prefer the older slogan that used to greet us when we crossed the border on route 95 from New Hampshire into Maine:  "The Way Life Should Be."  My blogging plan is to share the many reasons I agree with this slogan.  I'll start with my parents' back yard.  It is as beautiful as ever:











No comments: