Saturday, November 21, 2020

Perpetual Thanksgiving

"I am grateful for what I am and have. My Thanksgiving is perpetual." ~ Henry David Thoreau

We stayed home from church today. The Virus and all. We're already on our second church service, this one my home church. The pastor is doing an activity with the children asking them to say what they are thankful for based off of the acronym GRACE. I'm playing along here:

G = God, grace, goodness, graciousness

R = rest, road trips, root beer, Reynolds family, Rittenhouse family

A = Aastrup family, apples, America, apple pie, abilities,

C = cats, compassion, company, contentment, cookies, courage, Christmas, church

E = education, energy, encouragement, everlasting life, eternity,

One of the things I'm thankful about getting older is that I am more and more content with less and less. I am less critical of, and more patient with, myself and others. I am less demanding and more understanding of myself and others as well.

I am definitely grateful for all those who have journeyed with me, whether for a few steps, for the long haul, and for any amount of time in between.

No comments: