Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Moonlighting

The moon was beautiful as I was leaving school this evening. It was nearly 6, and already dark, except for the moon that was playing hide and seek in the clouds. I took a few pictures, trying different settings on my camera. The first shows how dark it was, with the moon hidden in the clouds (you can catch a glimpse of it in the center of the picture). The next shows how big and bright the moon was when it came out from behind the clouds. I also used the night setting, which I regret now, but...it's done.

The title reminds me of one of my favorite TV shows from the 80s: Moonlighting with Bruce Willis and Cybil Shepherd. Such a hilarious show at its best. I love that you can get your old favorite shows on DVD now and watch them at will. With this series, there's a take off of Shakespeare's "Taming of the Shrew" that is outstanding. I'm about to show it to my English Lit class next week. It makes it clear how relevant and funny he can be. Still.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love when the moon is like that! Don't forget the eclipse that is happening tomorrow night!

Cedar Street Kid said...

Nothing is more exotic than the moon. Love that picture.The combination of the moon,shadows,and total darkness stirs imagination,and creates a sense of mystery.I love to take walks on nights like that.

Heidi said...

Yes, I remember that version of The Taming of the Shrew. Watching this was probably the turning point for me in my appreciation for Shakespeare (although, I still "tolerate" him). :-)