Monday, January 04, 2010

Day's Work Done

Well, it was a good day, considering. Considering I had to get up at the time I first woke up instead of rolling over and going back to sleep for another hour or so the way I have for the past 12 days ;) Still, it was a good day. It went quickly, and smoothly, and I got home at a reasonable hour. Gotta love that!

And, I got this wonderful poem in an on-line newsletter. I've never seen it before, but thought it was a lovely way to look at life, being grateful for the ordinary blessings of life.

Te Deum: for a New Year
by Charles Reznikoff

Not because of victories
I sing,
having none,
but for the common sunshine,
the breeze,
the largess of the spring.

Not for victory
but for the day's work done
as well as I was able;
not for a seat upon the dais
but at the common table.



No comments: