Sunday, November 26, 2006

Pottery Memories

I was just reading Morning Ramble's post about the Homestead Heritage Craft Fair. She shared several pictures of some of the pottery made there and it reminded me of the pottery I used to make years ago, back at my first teaching job (in a boarding school). Several of the wives and one other female teacher and I used to get together on Monday evenings tomake pottery. I had never done anything like that, but was thrilled with my first efforts. I made a set a dishes, complete with glasses and mugs, salad plates and dinner plates. I made a soup toureen, some bookends, several vases, tree ornaments,and a bunch of other things that I don't remember now.

I gave most of it away for Christmas presents that first year when I had NO money... One of them resurfaced just this week at my sister's house filled with beautiful roses. She had put it in a niche in her newly redesigned kitchen. I was pleased that it had a new place to shine.

2 comments:

Sunny said...

You made that????
That's pretty decent!
Why don't you start up again?

Patty said...

Wow Rondi, you could quit your day job and take up pottery, that is beautiful.
I am in awe.
I took pottery classes once, but had such a crush on the instructor I never learned much, just sat and looked stary eyed at this Hippy Man, once he stood behind me while I was at the wheel and he put his arms around me to help me fashion a piece and I about died ! Oh to be young and foolish : )