Sunday, November 25, 2007

And the winner is . . .

My sister just called to say that her daughter, the cellist, just won her audition to play in the concerto competition at her university! I am so thrilled! She will be playing the Lalo Cello Concerto at the end of this month...in Tennessee =( I would so love to go hear her play. She is an amazingly passionate musician who has been in love with the cello since before she was born...literally. Both her parents play cello, and her mother was in 4 orchestras during the pregnancy, and actually played in a concert the day before my niece was born! It was destiny, wouldn't you say?!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

That is impressive! Way to go, Julie!

Sunny said...

I hope you can find a way to go.

Patty said...

Congrats to your neice. I do hope you get to go !

mon@rch said...

that is wonderful ! Congrats to her!