Sunday, June 11, 2006

A Rose from Julie

Friday night began the weekend-long celebration of the Class of 2006. The first service, Consecration, was a lovely hour and a half full of music and love. Katie Drexler sang Fairest, Lord Jesus with Julie and Connie accomanying. It was exquisitely beautiful. I thought it was nice that the class asked Katie to be part of their celebration. Turns out, she was the only "outsider" to be included in the entire weekend.

Pastor Mark gave a funny and meaningful talk and the seniors paid tribute to their parents and family members. Julie gave flowers to all of us and I got roses from a few others as well.

As expected, when I got the flowers home, the cats tried to get at them, but I managed to find another place they couldn't get to. The picture above them is one Kaitie painted me a few years ago.

Martha spent the night with me. She took good care of me, doing my dishes, making me tea, and making me breakfast the next morning. I enjoyed having her with me for the night.

2 comments:

Sunny said...

I've been thinking about your mom and dad lately. Both are just the sweetest folks around. Such kind and sincere Christians. A real light in the world. Your dad was the GREATEST at GBA, as you well know. And your mom was WONDERFUL to work with. Guess I got lucky I got to have them both in my life. Tell them I said "hey". Tell it to Martha and Lauren too.

R. Aastrup said...

Done =)