Thursday, July 13, 2006

Home again--Briefly...

I'm home again, after a fairly full day of travel. This time, though, there were no snags, no delays, just a long trip home via Houston. What I like about flying is the interesting people I meet, and the opportunity it affords me to read or doze without guilt =)

This time, the woman I sat next to from Houston to Boston was traveling with her husband and another couple to celebrate the other man's 70th birthday. "We could have gone anywhere," she said. "But he wanted to go to Maine." They are spending a couple of days in Boston, then driving up to Camden where they've rented a cottage on the ocean. I can think of few better places to stay for awhile in Maine than Camden (and I'm headed to one of them tomorrow), and I told her so. She had been a little apprehensive, but she seemed happier about it after we talked awhile.

I'm just home for the night, though, because in the morning I'll be off for Maine--first to Alfred to meet my parents; then to Rangeley for the weekend (and my nephews' baptism in the lake; then to Bar Harbor until Wednesday, then back home for a couple of days before going off to a writing retreat in Rockport for the weekend.

Whew! It makes me tired listing it out like that. But I am looking forward to each stop on this multi-faceted vacation.

Pictures are of a wild flowers near the Discovery Canyon Campus in Colorado springs.

2 comments:

Sunny said...

Oh my! You are on the go go go! No grass will grow under your feet! Hope you have a lovely time.

Patty said...

Oh Bar Harbor is one of my favorite places. Have fun this weekend !