Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Autumn Beauty

I cannot believe how beautiful it is this fall! It is absolutely taking my breath away! I am in South Lancaster the first part of this week for meetings at the Union office and I have loved every single minute of driving. Around every corner is something more beautiful. I am staying at my youngest sister's in Leominster so I don't have to drive home every night. As a result, I have been driving through Lancaster woods to get to her place. It's absolutely beautiful! I have no words for it other than that!

Last year the colors were not so great, but this year they are spectacular. And it was kind of rainy this afternoon as I was driving through the glory of it all. It was just that much brighter, that much more lovely.

I was talking with my mother about how wonderful it all is, saying how ironic it is that the reality of all this color is that the leaves are dying. On the one hand you think that this is what heaven must look like. On the other hand, you know there will be no death, dying or loss there. So...imagine how much more amazing heaven will be!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning. Postcard beautiful!

Sunny said...

I gasped in delight at the first glimpse of that first pic. I remember I used to be almost dumfounded at the beauty of the fall foliage in the Lancaster area.

R. Aastrup said...

It' almost beyond belief how beautiful it has been here this fall. I can hardly drive sometimes, I just want to look and look. And the South Lancaster area definitely is incredible this year.

Patty said...

wow Rondi, gorgeous photos but you have made me very homesick : (
What fantastic color this year and you have captured the magic of the moment perfectly with your camera and artistic eye

Anonymous said...

How'd the meetings go in Lancaster? I've heard there was lots of "activity" and, ahem, "incidents" in that general vicinity. The word "incident" isn't going over so well in my part of the country! It's causing more confusion and more questions. Like I heard in my meeting today, "if you're taking a bath in public, you better clean yourself well the first time, otherwise the public will come back to finish the job."

Anonymous said...

Oh man, how beautiful is that? It is making my homesick for some foliage. Right night I have palm trees, which is nice as well, but I really miss those cool crisp days when you walk outside and the smell of a fireplace takes over your body....ahhh how I miss that!