Sunday, October 15, 2006

New Shoes!

I bought a pair of new shoes on Friday. I've had my eye on them for a few months, now, but couldn't bring myself to pay $60 for them! I've never spent that much money on a pair of shoes before, and I'm not about to start now. Still...I've been wanting them...and resisiting them...

Friday when I went in the store, I was looking for some dressy black or brown pants shoes that are tall enough (as in a slight platform perhaps) to keep my pants from dragging on the ground. I didn't find any. But...I when I wandered around to where the dress shoes I've been eying were, I saw a sign I love to see: "On sale!" And there they were...more than 50% off. And I had to have them.

When I got home and went to take them out of the box, I noticed the box had writing all over it. And now I was more interested in the shoe box than the shoes. Here's what it said:

grow change explore who you are where you want to go ~ elegant yet ~ raw moi la passion ~ Journey of heart ~ The Journey ~ This is the story of friends making the journey ~ let yourself feel ~ Feminine, pretty with Pretty clothes ~ Dainty ~ dress yourself in your heart's desires ~ You can find inspiration in everything if you can't look again. ~ How do you feel today ~ Express that. ~ Up down not sure ~ Can we help ~ Easy effortless Sensusal, raw ~ Stand right for right now. ~ Create your outside like your inside ~ Passion ~

Makes me want to research the shoe company and see what their mission statement is. Seems like it's a lot like mine...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, I was hoping that you would put a picture of the shoes there as well. Maybe in the next one??? I am truly enjoying this blogging thing. It is like the journal I have never kept!!!

R. Aastrup said...

Ha! about the journal =)

Here come the shoes...