Thursday, December 20, 2007

Dust of Snow

We were supposed to get a mere dusting of snow today. I woke up fully prepared to see just that on my car. I looked out the window and was surprised to see barely a whisper of snow on the windshield. But on my arrival at school by 7 a.m. it had started to snow...and didn't finish until somewhere after 6. All day long, it snowed. A beautiful shaking down of frosty flakes sometimes so think you could barely see. The younger kids ran out joyfully to recess to make snow angels. The older kids begged to go out, too. The pictures were taken early in the day, and, as usual, don't really capture the beauty...

By Robert Frost

The way a crow
Shook down on me
The dust of snow
From a hemlock tree

Has given my heart
A change of mood
And saved some part
Of a day I had rued.

No comments: