Saturday, December 01, 2007

The Blue Door

Whenever I visit my parents overnight, I try to stop by the local primitives dealer in the village. The Blue Door is crowded with interesting sights and smells and I like to go there just to see and sniff, if nothing else.

I especially love going there at Christmastime, as there is a theme to the shop, more so than usual. In every nook and cranny, there is something to remind you of Christmas, whether it is a garland, a sign saying "joy" or "peace" or other such greeting, or a Santa doll. You just feel more festive by being there.

My mother and I wandered through last Sunday. I bought a Christmas ornament and some embroidered kitchen towels, but I just as easily could have come home with much more. Only where to put it? That's the dilemma...and why I usually go to look. There's not much that I need, truth to tell. Sometimes just looking is enough.

3 comments:

Patty said...

what a fun shop ! I have a sign similar to the one you show, ours says "home is where our story begins" A goodwill store find : )

Christy Woolum said...

This is where I would love to shop !

La Tea Dah said...

I would love to visit this shop! Very nice!

:) LaTeaDah