Sunday, February 22, 2009

Airport Art.

My colleagues and I were treated to a cross-country art show during our recent travel from Manchester, NH to Chicago to Portland to Washington, D.C. and back to Manchester, NH. We noticed that at each airport there were interesting sculptures tucked into various nooks and crannies for the rushing travelers to enjoy, if only periferally.

Unfortunately, by the time we were awake enough to realize the particular treats before us (we were up at 3 a.m.), my camera was out of reach, so I missed taking pictures until I went back to the Portland Airport on Friday. What you see here, then, is just some of the dozen+ works of art we saw in four different airports last week.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

The newest terminal at Toronto's airport has quite a bit of art too, including some larger sculptures. I spent a lot of time there last year with people coming and going, but was afraid to take pictures in case security would scold me. I never know what is allowed or disallowed in airports any more.