Monday, February 02, 2009

Dust of Snow

My brain is tired after a long 11 1/2 hour day in the office. I hit the ground running at 7 and didn't stop until I left at 6:30. I was battling a sore throat, as well, having spent an extended period of time outside for a graveside service on Saturday afternoon. I'm hoping my mind will win out over whatever is the matter. Meanwhile, I thought a little Frost might suffice:


Dust of Snow
 gif
by Robert Frost (1923)
clr gif

The way a crow
Shook down on me
The dust of snow
From a hemlock tree

Has given my heart
A change of mood
And saved some part
Of a day I had rued.

2 comments:

Morning's Minion said...

I can imagine being annoyed at a cold sifting of snow down my neck--and then chuckling at the audacity of the crow.

Christy Woolum said...

I oo love this poem and I am like you... this last week was crazy with long.. too long days. I hope is soon slows down.