Saturday, May 13, 2006

Maine Retreat

I've retreated to Maine. My two sisters, their two children and I all came up to Alfred, ME to spend last night and today with our parents. We enjoy congregating here whenever we can, but rarely have the entire group (notice the two husbands are not here). I like best spending Saturday night as well because Sunday morning breakfasts are just the best! I sadly don't treat myself to a well-laid table when it's just myself at home. I've been thinking about doing that lately, though, especially after I saw a blurb about some kind of diet that does just that: a person sets a beautiful table and cooks exotic food, only in very small portions. Then sits down to savor every bite, taking time for each bite, thus creating the illusion of eating more food. Sounds a little tricky to me!!!

When we come here with all four children, the house is full of conversation and laughter. The girls are close friends and have much to talk about whenever they are together. The boys are also great friends and enjoy playing games or running around outside when possible. And of course the three sisters and parents talk constantly. It's generally a happy sound, of a family that enjoys each other's company.

Computers are always in the picture, much to our amusement. Often pictures taken feature laptops. Last night Kaitie was designing a MySpace page for me, as some of my students have wanted me to be their friend on-line (and you have to have a page to do that). I don't expect to do much with that page except use it as a way to communicate with them, since I already have this space and my original blog at Multiply. There are only so many places I can write in any given day!

6 comments:

Patty said...

have fun in maine and say hello to your parents from me !

R. Aastrup said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
R. Aastrup said...

You might have noticed that both sisters were doing needlework. Lauren bought a bunch of Norwegian needlework patterns on Ebay and some half completed projects were included. Martha is working on a bell-pull and Lauren is working on a pillow. I was disappointed when we were in Norway not to be able to afford anything completed, but we have since found a number of items via Ebay...go figure!

Patty said...

I have bought so many Swedish handcrafts off of ebay ! I am a huge fan of Nisse/Tomte so have lots of needlework with that theme. My whole kitchen is a swedish theme

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»