Sunday, February 11, 2007

Corpus Christi

I've never been to Corpus Christi before, but now I find myself here for 5 days. It's a marketing conference, which may or may not be interesting, but will definitely be helpful to me in my work.

The cool thing is that there are lots of people here that I know. People I've worked with before here and there across the country. One, I even dated for awhile. He's the keynote speaker.

I was all set for some warmth and sun. So far it's been cloudy, rainy, and cool, although it's still some 40 degrees warmer than it was when I left home this morning.

My hotel room has a balcony that overlooks the harbor. The pictures are the view I have. The first two are from when I arrived in my room around 5 p.m. The second two were taken about about 8:30 p.m. after a long dinner at a Thai restaurant that had hot, pretty food. There were 10 of us at the table from all over the country. It was a lot of fun. Tomorrow should be more of the same.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I have several colleagues, and even my landlord, who are attending this same conference. Small world! From my (limited) experience with conventions, the best part of all is going out at night with friends and colleagues and sharing stories and experiences. I've learned so much that way, plus gained some great friendships. The meetings are great, but the networking is even better.

Sunny said...

Oh how fun. I am jealous. My GF from CC still goes down there to see her mom occasionally. As little as possible though. She hates the humidity and says it is hotter than you know where in summer. So, it may be cooler than you'd prefer but you ARE there at the best time of the year.