Friday, February 16, 2007

Soap gets in your eye

This morning, in an effort to simplify my weekend retreat, I decided to wash my hair, and I chose to use a different shampoo from what I'd been using recently. Apparently the container has been unhappy about its neglect because it decided to unleash a glob of shampoo straight into my right eye. For a good five minutes I was in severe pain, unable to even open the eye to flush the soap out. By the time I got it free from shampoo, the damage had been done. My eye has been red and puffy ever since. Oh, and painful.

I spoke with an eye doctor who said just to continue to flush it with water throughout the day and it would clear up within 24 hours. Problem is I had a 3-hour drive south later in the day, and I didn't want to have to drive with a sore, sometimes hazy eye. Twelve hours later, though, here I am at the Evensong Retreat Center, sore eye and all. The eye is still red, and the drive wasn't easy as a result, but I'm here, and I'm ready for some serious retreating.

Photos: The carnations we got at The Olive Garden on Valentine's Day in Corpus Christi; my room at the Evensong Retreat Center.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Soap: No fun. Retreat: Lots of fun. What a good idea. I should check into something like that. I like the way you think!