Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Glorious Day!

Today was a glorious day with temperatures close to 80 at their peak. Imagine this, though: some of the children stayed inside because it was "too hot" for them! Rest assured I sent them back out in a hurry =) We have some beautiful flowering trees on campus that popped out over the weekend. I like to stand in the doorway and drink them in...

As this is Teacher Appreciation Week, parents are dropping little treats off for us. Yesterday, it was brownies from a parent. This morning it was breakfast and a poem that one of the fourth graders wrote (I left it at school. I'll share it tomorrow if I think of it). Thursday, our superintendent is treat us to a visit to the Kennedy Library and then supper at Panera Bread. I can't wait. That library is a fascinating place, I think. And I'm always happy to go to Panera.

The drive home was beautiful, too. Daffodils are all but gone, so now it's the tulips' turn to brighten up the roadways.

3 comments:

Sunny said...

Beautiful! Happy teacher's week to all of you. PS What is that arena?

La Tea Dah said...

Thank you for the tour of the JFK Library. I enjoyed it. Happy Teacher Appreciation Day to you! I know God is blessing your efforts and doubling them!

R. Aastrup said...

Sunny--The arena is at the corner of 93 and Montvale. It's where Nancy Kerrigan trained as a girl! We take our kids here at least once a year. A far cry from the outdoor MDC rink we skated on!!!