Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Like night from day

While Monday was amazingly quiet at school, yesterday was the complete opposite, like night from day. From the time I arrived to the time I left, an hour later than I planned, I had one visitor after another, and one phone call on top of the other, sometimes two and three calls going at once. It was crazy!

I wore my pedo- meter, by chance... well, not exactly chance. I planned to wear it, but had no idea how many steps I'd log. I put it on when I entered the building and checked it when I left: nearly 2.5 miles!!! And all I did was go back and forth between my office and the front door, my office and the office next door, my office and the office immediately above me. Three places, essentially, none too far from the other.

Today, it was quiet the first two hours, then busy the next three, then quiet the last one. It was beyond hot. Two girls stopped by and they were so hot, they were radiating heat from a foot away! No exaggeration.

I guess there's no such thing as a typical summer day at school.

Photos: A more calming scene from my life: Lake Quanopowit.

2 comments:

Patty said...

My sister Sandy walks the lake quite often, its so beautiful. I remember so well the fireworks of 1976 there. Its a great place to walk or just sit and think

Sunny said...

Is that you wind sailing? I never got the hang of that.