Monday, June 25, 2007

Sounds of Silence

My administrative assistant is on vacation this week, so I am working all alone at school. It's not scary or eerie, just quiet. Verrrrrrry quiet. It was nice, though, because I was able to work undisturbed except for three brief visits...one from our maintenance guy, one from two students who stopped by to say hello, and one from the mailman.

I brought the stereo in from my classroom and played calming music louder than a whisper, cleaned the outer office, and got a lot of correspondence as well. The 6 hours flew by and I felt as if I'd accomplished more than I had all last week when people were constantly in and out of the office.

Yesterday, I drove over to the lake where w have our Walk-a-thon and walked for a mile or so. It was a beautiful day and with a breeze coming off the lake, it was a very pleasant walk.

1 comment:

Christy Woolum said...

That is a gorgeous picture. I need to return to school and get some stuff done also. I think I will go tomorrow. I will probably have the same experience... the sound of silence.