Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Lunar Luna

It's a full moon tonight, and I sure could tell by the way the kids were acting today. If you teach, you know what I mean. You'll be going through the day wondering what in the world is going on, and then someone will say "full moon" and it all makes sense. Yup. It's a full moon tonight. I could feel it coming...

It's nothing really bad that goes on...just kind of squirrelly. No, really squirrelly! Can't-sit-still-for-a moment squirrelly... I'm glad I'm not an elementary teacher on days like this =)

And yet, I had fun with the elementary kids today as I had to watch them out at recess for awhile. It so happened that three classrooms were outside at the same time today. A beautiful day, by the way. Kids were happily playing when one discovered this amazing critter. We didn't know what it was at first, but turns out it's a Luna Moth caterpillar, complete with suction-cup feet, pinpoint eyes, and a funny looking mouth on its underside. Kind of cool, albeit a bit creepy crawly!

No comments: