Monday, July 28, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I got this meme idea from Karlene at her blog, along with the picture to illustrate it. Try it if you like it!

Outside my Window...it is dark, nearly midnight.

I am Thinking...that I should be getting ready for bed instead of sitting here writing this, especially because I want to read awhile before I turn out the light.

I am thankful for...my family, my job in a Christian school, God's continual blessings...

From the kitchen...I don't have too much going on there right now as I was away for the weekend. There is some fruit and fresh vegetables. That's about it =(

I am creating...an on-line photo album of my trip to Greece and Turkey earlier this summer. I took more than 1000 pictures, so I have a lot to go through and choose from.

I am going...spend all day tomorrow working in my study. I have a lot of work to do to get it organized, but once done, it's going to be great!

I am wearing...my nightgown (sleeveless shorty)

I am reading...Sandra Dallas' book, Buster Midnight's Cafe. This is the second of her books I've read in the past three days. She can really capture the character and flavor of the Old West!

I am hoping...that my niece gets home from Austria safely...and soon (sometime tonight).

I am hearing...the TV...sports report...Red Sox lost to the Angels...sigh...

Around the house...I have books, books, books. I need to find a home for all of them, but I'm afraid that will be difficult unless I get rid of some of them...

One of my favorite things...is spending time with my family...or traveling...both of which I've done throughout this past month. What a luxury!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...besides organizing my study...I want to get my lesson plans done for the first couple weeks of school and finish updating the staff and student handbooks.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

4 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

Lovely job on the meme --- and how fun that we found Karleen via the blog-hop. I'm glad you joined in the Gracious Hospitality blog-hop. Great ideas and beautiful pictures here -- as usual. It looks like you are having a good summer.

LaTeaDah

Ruth said...

I like the meme and your personal responses. It is a gift to be able to hear and create and think and see and hope for the future.

Karlene said...

I wanted to correct where the orgin of " The Simple Woman's Daybook"...came from...I reread what was on the page and I forgot to say Thanks to Peggy for having this meme...So please go over there to her daybook and add to the Mr. Linky...http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com
Thanks for stopping by...come back again. Karlene

R. Aastrup said...

La tea dah--I'm having a great summer because I have intentionally worked on relaxing and taking care of things at home. It's been awhile since I let go of work and taken hold of things at home. It's been good!

Ruth--I have such great hope for the future! But only as I put my hand, and destiny, in God's hand...

Karlene--thanks for letting me know the origin of this idea. I visited Peggy's blog and received a blessing. I'll revist yours, too!