Monday, June 23, 2008

Chipmunk Willy...or Bob...

When we were little, my sisters and I had a book we loved called Chipmunk Willy and it was about, you guessed it, a chipmunk named Willy. I hadn't thought of it for quite awhile until my visit with my parents this weekend. While we were sitting on the patio watching the bluebirds, we were surprised at the boldness of this little chipmunk who was desperate for sunflower seeds from the feeder at the edge of the patio. So bold was he, that he came with in inches of my feet in his trek from feeder to hiding place and back.

There were actually several other chipmunks running around the yard, but none doing all the tricks that Willy was. The interesting thing about him (or her) is that his tail was bobbed, making him look like a giant striped hamster! It appeared to have been something that happened naturally, as opposed to via an accident, but it's impossible to tell, of course.

He's awfully cute, don't you think?

No comments: