Monday, June 16, 2008

Tucson--Day Two: Moonlight, Jackrabbits and Cactus, Oh My!

It's a waxing gibbous moon tonight. That means it's 98% full, illuminated from the right. Not that I knew that before I looked it up. The main point it's near full and beautiful here in Tucson.

Just before sunset, we went for a walk around the hotel grounds. Cicadas were buzzing, an adorable jackrabbit came and lay down right in front of us, the moon rose, the stars came out...it was really lovely.

During lunch, I went around and took pictures of the interesting flowers and cactus. This place is a far cry from what I am used to in MA! It must be the case for others, too, because at break time during the meetings, many go out onto the terrace and just look out over the grounds, soaking up the warm (it's very hot) and gazing out at the mountains...

This is a conference for philanthropy and leadership. Today, was the newcomer's workshop which went from 8 to 5 and was rather intense. Tomorrow, I'll be at the Leadership Symposium all day and will find myself rubbing shoulders with college presidents and CEOs of hospitals. I will feel like a duck out of water, but will learn a lot, I'm sure. Which is, of course, the whole point of being here =)

2 comments:

Sunny said...

What a great experience to see and experience a different part of the country.

Anonymous said...

Love the photos and wow . . . look at those big ears on the Jackrabbit!