Sunday, August 17, 2008

14 on the 17th

It's my nephew's 14th birthday today. I celebrated the day by working 14 hours, half of them at school (it was our Registration Day). I did take a few hours to go out to eat with him and his family, though--California Pizza Kitchen, his favorite restaurant (he's a huge pizza fan).

The past week was busy, full of meetings and in-services. I presented and lead out in workshops two of the days, and will do the same this coming week. Last week was for our conference schools. This coming week will be for my school (except for Tuesday, when I will present to dozens of schools in New York City).

The past two weekends, I've spent time with our staff, getting to know them on a personal level before we settle down to the nitty gritty of pre-school meetings. Last Sunday we had a pool party at my sister's house. Last night we went to a house-warming party for one of our staff members. We all have a "good feeling" about the coming school year, and for that, I'm grateful...and excited, eager to get going.

Photos: My nephew blows out the candles on his cake; flowers in my sister's garden.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh, it's busy, busy time for you! How's enrollment looking for this year?

Sunny said...

Nice new blog look.

La Tea Dah said...

Happy Brithday, nephew!!!! What a great age to be!

And exciting plans for the upcoming school year. I love the 'fresh start' a new year always brings. I think the new school year is much more exciting than a new calendar year.

And I love your new blog layout. Very lovely!

Be sure to take time to relax --- you have a busy schedule ahead!

LaTeaDah

R. Aastrup said...

Yes, it's a very busy time for me right now. It will slow down in a couple of weeks when I have to go to San Francisco for a week's conference. There will be meetings, but it's a different kind of busy...far less stressful and much more social. I'm looking forward to it.

Heidi said...

Very nice blog background, Rondi! :-) It's fun to "freshen" things up.