Sunday, August 24, 2008

It's Getting to Look a Lot Like . . . SCHOOL!

We start classes again tomorrow. I was going to say "start school," but we actually did that two weeks ago when teachers were back on contract.

The first week was crazy busy with meetings elsewhere. The second week was crazier busy with meetings in the morning and endless work in the classroom and office from noon on. And for some (me), hours of work after going home as well.

Now, we're down to the last day. I've been helping the registrar with the over- whelm- ing job of scheduling, creating attendance sheets, etc. I was working on that until 1 a.m. this morning and I'm still not done. I need to finish with that ASAP and then go to school to put my classroom to order. There, I'll find others doing the same thing: painting classrooms, putting up bulletin bboards, making lesson plans, copying syllabi for students, and so on.

I love this time of year. It's overwhelming and exhausting. But oh, so satisfying and exciting!

3 comments:

我的窝窝并不窝窝 said...

welcome to my blog

Heidi said...

Sounds like fun!

La Tea Dah said...

Such excitement! There is NOTHING like the start of a new school year! Best wishes for a really successful year!

LaTeaDah